Search This Blog

Monday, March 1, 2010

LL Bean Meets "Sex in the City"


Seattle...

The birthplace of Microsoft, but also of Nordstrom

An eclectic mix of Tory Burch flats & Birkenstock's with socks

Where you'll find people doing yoga in $85 pants & adding solar panels to the top of their frat houses

Where there's as much green in the trees as there is in people's wallets

Seattle...

My home for this week, and I'm in LOVE!

It's been a good 10 years or so since I last visited the beautiful Pacific Northwest, so I didn't remember much about the region. When my plane landed Saturday evening, I was greeted by more "Christmas trees" then I'd ever seen. There's just not grass this green in February anywhere else in the country. The air seems fresher, and it's amazing to have equally beautiful water and mountains in the same view. Sunday I went on a Seattle excursion with a few of the chapter members, and found Pike Place market to be quite enchanting! From fresh flowers, to flying fish, to incredibly talented street musicians, it was a taste of a lifestyle I'm just not used to. The people here are so laid back and so into their surroundings, and I can understand why in a city so beautiful. We had lunch at a little seafood restaurant overlooking Puget Sound and watched the ferries come and go from the precious islands off the coast.

One of the most wonderful parts of my travels personally has been the opportunity to fall in love with places that I'll again want to visit one day with my new hubby and family. Seattle has definitely topped the list. So if you're looking for a place to slip away too...grab your rain boots & your matching umbrella and head on up to Husky country ;-)

1 comment: