Search This Blog

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Livin' Out of My Suitcase

"It's been so long since I've seen your face
Or felt a part of this human race
I've been living out of this here suitcase
For way too long"
(Zac Brown Band "Jolene")

One of the hardest parts about traveling, I've discovered so far, is that along the way, you don't see anyone that isn't a stranger. Don't get me wrong...I've met some amazing women, and formed some very special bonds with them, but I have not been around anyone who's known me longer than a few days, which is very tough. You don't realize how nice it is to be around someone who knows your story, knows what makes you laugh, and appreciates you for all your little quirks. Really makes me appreciate my friends and family. I have been fortunate enough here in TX to see a few old friends from TCU. I got to relax outside on the historic square with a great glass of Riesling and my "big" (big sis in Pi Phi) from TCU, which was great! Sunday, I'm having dinner with an old friend, Cameron, whom I haven't seen since sophomore year. I do miss all of you though...you are truly irreplaceable. Love to all...c

No comments:

Post a Comment